Premier Global Business Education in ItalyREQUEST INFO
The CIMBA Experience
The CIMBA semester program is a 12-week immersive experience centered around academic and personal growth. Throughout the program, you’ll complete between 12 and 18 credit hours in professional classrooms. The CIMBA study abroad program offers a dynamic mix of core and elective business courses that easily transfer to your home institution. All courses are taught in English.
Outside of the classroom, you’ll have 25 days of independent travel to explore picturesque Paderno del Grappa and the rest of Italy. CIMBA’s Cultural Exploration Program and Leadership Institute provide further opportunities for learning and growth.
- U.S. Business Education in Italy
- Professional Classrooms & Like-Minded Peers
- Approachable, Helpful Staff
- Authentic Italian Experience in Paderno del Grappa
- Independent Travel Strongly Encouraged
- Affordable, All-Inclusive Fee
- Credits Easily Transfer
- Support Every Step of the Way
I want to attend CIMBA for the
Choose Your Session
CIMBA offers both intro- and upper-level business courses led by highly-ranked professors from institutions across the United States and Europe. All courses are taught in English, and all credits easily transfer to your home institution.
June 14, 2024
6 Credit Hours
February 1, 2024
Understand the Details
Studying abroad is truly an investment in your future. The CIMBA summer session program costs $6,690 total. This is an all-inclusive fee with no hidden costs. It includes:
- Tuition: Undergraduate semester: 12-18 credit hours
- Double occupancy room in an on-campus residence hall
- Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner in the campus cafeteria
- Textbook rental
- Laundry tokens and soap
- Housecleaning, linens and towels (changed weekly)
- International travel insurance (including health and emergency evacuation)
- One travel day before and one after the designated program dates
- Bus to and from campus for program start and end (dependent on flight arrival time)
- Gourmet Italian meals at a fine-dining restaurant
- Cultural exploration activities (excludes independent travel)
- Certificates and programs in leadership and personal development
Financial Aid & Scholarships
First, if you currently receive any form of financial aid or scholarships, you must notify your financial aid office that you plan to study abroad. If your financial aid package has already been awarded for the academic year, it might need to be reassessed. In some cases, the financial aid amounts are actually increased.
Home University Scholarships
Many students are able to use existing scholarships from their home university for CIMBA. Check with your home university’s financial aid office and/or scholarship provider to determine if your scholarship applies.
Additionally, most universities offer specific study abroad scholarships and grants that can be applied toward CIMBA. Check with your study abroad office, as well as your specific college or department, to find out if study abroad scholarships are available.
Federal Financial Aid
Students are eligible to use their federal financial aid to pay for the CIMBA semester program. First, you must apply for financial aid through your home institution. Check with your university to determine the procedure for applying for aid for study abroad programs.
CIMBA Financial Awards
We are pleased to offer several awards and leadership opportunities to help you offset the cost of attending CIMBA. At CIMBA, we award hundreds of awards every year for our study abroad programs. You do not have to be accepted into a CIMBA program before submitting your applications for financial awards. Deadline and application details can be found here.
Partnerships & Credit Transfers
Led by the University of Iowa, CIMBA partners with a consortium of more than 36 universities in the United States. The CIMBA team at the University of Iowa will coordinate much of your CIMBA experience. Please work with your home university and CIMBA to make sure you are following correct procedures during the application, admission, billing, financial aid and pre-departure process. This will help ensure all your credits are successfully transferred.See All Partners